Breast Implant and Augmentation in Scottsdale
The Right Plastic Surgeon For You
When it comes to plastic surgery, breast augmentation is a common procedure that helps women achieve larger, fuller breasts. Also known as augmentation mammoplasty, breast implants can enhance your self-confidence by eliminating the embarrassment of sagging breasts, taking your breast size up by one or more cup sizes and giving them a firmer, more youthful appearance. Breast augmentation is a very personal choice, but if it something that you have been considering for some time, then Dr. Bash is here to help! She will sit down with you and listen to your goals, go over all of the pros and cons of the different implants and help you determine what is realistic for your lifestyle and body type. Dr. Bash has 25 years of experience, including 13 years at the Mayo Clinic Arizona, so you can depend on her expertise for everything from breast enhancements to reconstructive breast surgery.
Thing to consider for your breast augmentation
There is no “one size fits all” solution when it comes to breast augmentation, so if you want to dramatically improve the appearance of your breasts, you should consider all of the options for creating a natural and alluring bustline. During your consultation with Dr. Bash, you will discuss:
- The shape, size, and style of various implants
- The differences between silicone gel and saline implant materials, including “gummy” implants
- Where the implant will be placed
- The ideal implant incision site
- Risks of the surgery and long term affects
What to Expect
When you are completely satisfied with your breast augmentation plan, Dr. Bash and her staff will work with you to schedule your procedure. Breast augmentation is done in either a surgical center or hospital outpatient facility, and the surgery usually takes 1 to 1 ½ hours. Once the procedure is completed, Dr. Bash will give you instructions for at-home care based on your personal needs. Usually, you can return to your normal routine after a few days, but keep excessive lifting to a minimum. Recovery is usually complete in 6 weeks.
Common temporary side effects
- Tiredness and mild soreness following surgery
- A burning sensation in your nipples (will fade after about two weeks)
- Breast swelling (may take up to eight weeks to subside)
- Firm pink skin at the incision site (will fade after several months)
To reduce the risk of side effects, you should remain in a support bra with no underwire for six weeks.
As with all surgeries, breast augmentation can involve certain complications. Though infrequent, complications may include:
- Breasts feel hard due to a tightening of the scar tissue (capsular contracture)
- Reduction or loss of sensation in the nipples (usually temporary)
- Breast pain
- Adverse reaction to anesthesia
- Allergic reaction to surgical materials
- Implant rupture or leakage (rare)
Replacement & Revision of Breast Implants
Breast implants are not meant to last a lifetime, so eventually you will need a breast implant replacement or revision. If that time has come for you, then contact Bash. Many surgeons in the Scottsdale area only see patient for their first breast augmentation and will not perform revision surgery. However, Dr. Bash specializes in revision of prior breast augmentations. Whether you want to downsize, upsize, or remove the implants altogether, Dr. Bash will walk you through all of the options to determine the best course of action.
If you have any questions or concerns about breast augmentation surgery, please call 602-792-5789!
Why Choose Us?
- Attention to Detail
- Outstanding Patient Care
- Over 20 Years of Experience
- Phoenix Magazine Top Doc 2008-2012